Colour Can Influence Your Mood
Red, Blue, Pink, White, Yellow, Black, Green…. What does the colour of your home decor say about you?
Something that is always a good idea when choosing to repaint a room in your home is to plan it over a period of time. The reasons for this can be many, but here are some basics!
* Vision and Design Board. Take a Photo of your room and then begin adding colour swatches/swipes/fabrics that you like. This will help you form a lasting opinion rather than just grabbing anything on the day.
* If you still love the design and colour scheme on your board after a week or so, chances are you will be happy with the finished result for the longer term in your home.
* Get magazines and read on the web to get ideas of what colours mean, go well together etc to help you set a base for your own design. This will help get your creative juices flowing.
* Feel free to pop in to us at Hot Pot Paint in Vereeniging for some advice on colour. We are happy to help and as you can imagine see many colour combinations and designs over the years.
* When you think you are the point to paint, take home some testers and place on the wall in the room you are going to redecorate. If you are still happy with the colour after a day or two, chances are you will remain so once the full job is complete. Sometimes, seeing the actual colour on the wall can make a real impact and even sway you toward or away from an idea you had in your head, before you make the jump.